We have all heard screaming kids on the plane, mothers trying to calm them down, melt downs of huge proportions. This video has five tips to help out in situations like this to help those parents who have those melting down kids on airplanes. Whether it is a transatlantic flight or a puddle jumper these are little things you can do to help.
1. Try to entertain the child: playing peekaboo or talking to the child or making silly faces can help a child calm down. Having that unknown face engage with them can make them happy or at least snap them out of it as it is a face they don’t know.
2. Carry Earplugs: Simple cheap earplugs from your local pharmacy can be a life saver. Some kids there is nothing you can do to calm them down. So the best thing you can do is cut out the sound by getting earplugs or noise canceling headphones. And if you have those earplugs they help with the snoring business man next to you, the overly chatting flyer the row in front of you, or the drunk college student who won’t stop talking about Cancun.
3. Pass Them a Piece of Candy: best to give the candy to the parent so they can decide, but the candy can take the kids mind off of having a fit or the parent can have it for themselves to help them calm their nerves.
4. Offer to Help with the Child: sometimes the parent just needs an extra set of hands for a minute. Whether that is to open up a packet of formula or to get a diaper ready or just to get out a toy for the child. Offer to help and that gesture of kindness can really help those parents out.
5. Smile at the parent: they are having a rough time and having people stare at you and give you the evil eye just ramps up the tension and frustration of the parent trying to calm the child. A simple smile reassures the parents that you understand and helps them calm themselves down, which helps calm the child down.
Filmed in Cuenca, Ecuador
Copyright Mark Wolters 2018
USA Today & 10Best’s #1 Independent Travel Videographer 2014
FlipKey by TripAdvisor Top 10 Travel Bloggers 2014
Get Wolters World Gear & Merchandise http://www.woltersworld.com/shop
Our Equipment & More Travel Gear & Accessories Visit Our Amazon Travel Gear Shop
Osprey Meridian Backpack – The Only Carryon Backpack We Travel With
Sony Alpha a6000 Digital Camera. Great for Capturing Amazing Photos and HD Video. http://amzn.to/2bBMnWg
GoPro Hero4: Digital Camera for On The Go Fun in 4K http://amzn.to/2cbYkz4
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB – SD Disk: For Saving All The Video Footage Without Having to Switch Chips
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB – SD Disk: For Saving All The Video Footage Without Having to Switch Chips http://amzn.to/2bSjCE3
256GB Micro SD Memory Card for Android Phones – This Gives You Tons of Space to Capture Videos, Pictures and More on Your Android Devices.
Video Editing Software: Sony Movie Studio 13 – Fast, Easy & Affordable to Make Great Videos at a Great Price http://amzn.to/2bBjhrF
Tripod – Manfrotto Compact Travel Tripod – The Size to Travel, but the Sturdiness of a Professional Tripod http://amzn.to/2bRSVAV
Find More Videos At:
Subscribe to Wolters World on YouTube!