The nation’s capital is full of amazing restaurants and tons of international food for travelers to enjoy. Here we give you our five favorite foods to enjoy when we visit Washington, DC.
1. Ethiopian Food: DC has an enormous range of great international restaurants, but one that stands out as quite unique is the abundance of Ethiopian restaurants in The District. If you get a chance check one out and make sure you wash your hands before you eat, because you don’t use a fork and knife, you use your hands and your bread to enjoy the stews, meats and veggies on offer.
2. Maryland Crab: whether it is amazing Maryland Crab Cakes or just plain old tasty crab in anything DC has a lot of crab options for you. So if you see some one selling some crab cakes on the street or on the menu you will get a fresh and local tasty treat.
3. Oysters: the oysters from Chesapeake Bay are worth their weight in tastiness. And what is great oysters are a popular happy hour treat at a number of restuarants around town. So enjoy some oysters and a local beer.
4. Half-Smoked Sausage: whether you are wandering around the national mall looking at museums or you head up to Ben’s Chili Bowl there are plenty of options of eating this local sausage.
5. Other Local Treats: Chicken wings with Mumbo sauce is popular when you can find it. The Mumbo sauce is a combination of sweet and sour sauce and BBQ sauce in my opinion. You can always grab a cupcake in Georgetown (they are famous there), or you can head out to Mount Vernon and grab some peanut soup and some bread pudding.
Filmed in Washington, DC
Copyright Mark Wolters 2018
The Don’ts of Visiting Washington, DC
The Don’ts of The USA
USA Today & 10Best’s #1 Independent Travel Videographer 2014
FlipKey by TripAdvisor Top 10 Travel Bloggers 2014
Get Wolters World Gear & Merchandise http://www.woltersworld.com/shop
Our Equipment & More Travel Gear & Accessories Visit Our Shop
Osprey Meridian Backpack – The Only Carryon Backpack We Travel With
Sony Alpha a6000 Digital Camera. Great for Capturing Amazing Photos and HD Video. http://amzn.to/2bBMnWg
GoPro Hero4: Digital Camera for On The Go Fun in 4K http://amzn.to/2cbYkz4
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB – SD Disk: For Saving All The Video Footage Without Having to Switch Chips
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB – SD Disk: For Saving All The Video Footage Without Having to Switch Chips http://amzn.to/2bSjCE3
256GB Micro SD Memory Card for Android Phones – This Gives You Tons of Space to Capture Videos, Pictures and More on Your Android Devices.
Video Editing Software: Sony Movie Studio 13 – Fast, Easy & Affordable to Make Great Videos at a Great Price http://amzn.to/2bBjhrF
Tripod – Manfrotto Compact Travel Tripod – The Size to Travel, but the Sturdiness of a Professional Tripod http://amzn.to/2bRSVAV
Find More Videos At:
Subscribe to Wolters World on YouTube!